Sunday, March 1, 2015

Female Dog Whisperer

I heard my mom and dad talking about a lady that they are going to take me to that is considered a female version of Cesar, the Dog Whisperer. She has even met Cesar and worked with him. She works with all animals from horses to dogs to pigs. I can't wait to meet her!

Note from Mom: Even though I am taking courses for dog training myself, there are still some areas that Opie needs work in that  I haven't been able to get under control well enough because of a husband that doesn't get that we have to be consistent. I think that if we see this woman and she shows us both how exactly we are to work with Opie on walking without pulling *using a regular collar and leash - not a halti like we have been doing...it may work.
Plus we still have the issue with him wanting to jump on people. He is much much better, but it takes every ounce of energy he has to control himself with me being right on top of him making sure he doesn't do it. Any one coming to the door or approaching us (especially children) is fair game to him. That has to stop.
Actually Brad is the one who heard of this lady first - and knows a couple of people from his job who are familiar with her work. I am very excited to talk with her, let her visit with Opie and work with him in the areas that are most needed. 

Another plus - she also boards! She lives on a farm less than 15 minutes from us - so we may have a new place for Opie to stay when we need someone.

Stay tuned - this will be something I will be blogging about in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Puppy Kisses for all who comment!